This is a question I get asked quite often; What’s your morning routine?
There is no right or wrong way to wake up and go about your day, its totally upto you. However there is an ideal way to start it right, to ensure you get the most out your beautiful day.
I firmly believe that your morning routine, sets you up for the rest of whats to come. What you do to nourish your mind, body and spirit in those early hours, will determine how you experience the rest of your day. I 100% believe that my personal routine is the reason I have started approaching my day differently. I don’t allow myself to get so caught up in trivial matters, my interactions with other people are better and the whole energy of my day has just improved ten fold. Even my life at home has transformed into something even more awesome than it was before, its so peaceful and tranquil. I genuinely feel this is all down to my morning routine…
So I am going to share with you my personal morning routine to help you achieve the most out of your day, everyday:
- Meditate – I wake up, and without putting any lights on or looking at myself in the mirror, I reach for my earphones and sit peacefully through a 15 minute guided mediation. (To download the meditation click here). There are an abundance of scientific studies out there proving that meditation is AMAZING for you. If you haven’t read my article on meditation check it out 🙂
- Hot Water & Lemon – Its important to wake your digestive system up slowly. Hot water & lemon achieves this and also provides a gentle cleansing for your gut. The perfect tummy wake up.
- Green Smoothie – I pre-make all my green smoothies. They last about 2-3 days, so I make a big batch for myself and my partner, that way we have one to grab every morning. Our bodies sit at a naturally alkaline state (our bones are 90% alkaline!!!!), therefore its important to nourish your body with alkalizing foods. A green smoothie is perfect for this purpose. It is blended which means it is pre-digested making it easy on your digestive system as its waking up. Providing so many vitamins and minerals, its a nutrient expressway into your blood stream. My smoothie contains; Spinach, kale, romaine lettuce, celery, apple, pineapple (sometimes), banana, ginger, parsley, lemon and a dash of cayenne. Great for your tummy, great for circulation, great for bowel movements, GREAT FOR YOUR SOUL!!! (Check out my smoothie recipe “The Green One”)
- Gratitude – Every single morning, WITHOUT FAIL, I write down 3 things I am grateful for. I have a little notebook which I have now been writing in for over a year. It is a truly wonderful feeling reading back over the previous months. I cant help but smile.
- Affirmation – I have an app on my phone and each day it has a new positive affirmation for me to read. Just one sentence that is nothing but positive & motivating. Even if you don’t take it in right away, you have read it and its in your head somewhere, that’s all that matters. Want the app? Click Here!
- Podcast – Then on my way to work I pop my headphones in and listen to a podcast by one of my favorite wellness experts. Right now I am listening to Kimberly Snyder, CN. She’s great to listen to and provides a lot of easy to understand info on all things health and wellness.
This may seem like a lot, but I wake up at 7.15am and take a full hour to myself in the mornings. Sometimes I do go to the gym, which means I am up at 6.30am, but this still gives me plenty of time to wake up the ideal way. Steps 1 – 5 only take 30 minutes, and I highly recommend these steps to you. My days are so different now. I feel calmer, I think more clearly, and I am able to identify more efficiently which tasks in my day need the most energy. For those of you who know me, you will know I wasn’t as ‘chill’ as I am now. I’m certainly not saying I am the most laid back person in the world, I can still be pretty highly strung. However this morning routine keeps me in check, and I don’t go a day without doing it. It really is my belief that this is the ideal way to start your day, ensuring you nourish your mind, body and spirit.
I really encourage you to try all or some of the steps, and see how it slowly changes you. You owe it to yourself. Take care of number #1, that’s YOU!
Stay healthy and happy ❤
Lots of Love, Natalie 🙂